Increasing your business awareness should always be at the top of your list. I mean you created your awesomeness so it's time for people to know what you do and see what you do.
A great way of getting your story heard and your product seen is by business feature opportunities. These are available all over the net. It's also a great way of the blog's owner to increase their traffic and share fresh unique content.
So this becomes a super win - win situation
It's all sounding promising isn't it however before you get started there's a few things to do first. Be prepared in advance thus saving you time.
1. Have your BEST product images ready. Plus a image of yourself also. Submitting product images that don't do your products justice, let's you down and most likely a non-acceptance to be featured.
2. Browse the blogs past features to get an idea of what they like. An whether your products are a good fit for them and for you.
3. Read the sites guidelines thoroughly, making sure you understand what is required from you. A simple mistake or something you didn't send could easily stop you from being accepted. An as they may receive many applications, letting you know what mistake you made isn't going to be possible.
4. Draft your story, intro or answers to any questions they have, that goes with the feature. Recheck your grammar, spelling and use of words (something that gets me all the time). Then leave it for a day or two then recheck what you have written again and read it out loud.
5. Write up your follow-up email, just in case you don't hear from them in a timely fashion. Make sure you read from the guidelines when you will be contacted if you are accepted and if not what will happen.
6. Don't be disheartened if you are not accepted. Simply move on to the next feature opportunity on the list.
Update 2018: Many of the great sites are either no longer available or do not offer submissions any more. It' a shame really. I will be adding news ones over time. If you find a place to submit your business please share in the comments. Thanx
Now it's time to delve into the list of featured opportunities I have complied for you, so you don't have to.
Ukhandmade.co.uk - submission page
UK Handmade accepts contributions from artists, designers and crafters for both their magazine and website.
The magazine is produced quarterly with a seasonal theme featuring a varied range of articles, including business advice, artist interviews, tutorials, features, events and much more.
OhmyHandmade.com - submission page
OMHG is a cooperative community uniting the head, heart and hands of the maker movement. They welcome thoughtfully crafted submissions on their themes, updates on community news & creative collaborations, or posts for the head, heart & hands at any time.
IamtheLab.com - submission page
Features handmade goods with a more modern or contemporary aesthetic. Plus if you have a Handmade Trifecta (a great blog, awesome shop and well-established social media presence), he definitely wants to feature you. Please mention that in your email you send.
I couldn't leave my feature your business opportunity out of this list. If you create your product by hand and sell your product then this feature is for you. You will need to submit at least 6 awesome images and answer a few questions.
Artsyshark.com - submission page
At the time of writing this, their submissions section is closed until January, 2015. So you can bookmark their site and put it in your diary to submit to them early..
Simplififabric.com - submission page
If you would like to be featured here on their website or in their newsletters you need to email email@example.com for more information!
Ladybusiness.biz - submission page
Lady Business Radio! She is interested in interviewing smart, outspoken ladies who are at least a year into your established business with proven success. Success is defined in many ways.
Shelbycounty.momsguidealabama.com - submission page
This site is looking for Mompreneurs. Which is defined as a multi-tasking mother who can balance the stress of running a business as an entrepreneur, all while balancing the role of mom.
Artismovingnow.com - submission page
In an effort to introduce more people to art and the artists behind it Art is Moving has decided to create a collection of today's artists on their website. They interview artists currently living and working in the United States. Each interview will be posted on the Art is Moving blog along with images of the artist's work and a photograph of the artist.
Bellechic.com - submission page
They are constantly searching for the world’s best handmade artisans and boutique vendors.
Jewelryobserver.com - submission page
They are looking for artisans, who are jewelry designers that sell beautiful handmade jewelry
Thisgirlmeansbusiness.com - submission page
They are always looking for women with great stories to be featured in their magazine.
Share in the comments the places you know, that offer business feature opportunities. Also if you have been featured, what else did you do to get prepared?
Share your comment to continue the conversation, I'll see you below...
When sharing your suggestion, feedback or insights, you are very much helping others on a similar journey as yours. We don't all have the answers but when we pull together and help one another, its truly a blessing.
I appreciate you for reading, watching and joining the conversation. I'm super happy you are here sharing your wisdom and truth with us all.