The power of the bio | profile section that can turn strangers into potential customers.
The profile section consists of 3 parts no matter where you promote your business.
- Your Profile or bio statement
- Your Link
- Your Email
The profile section is breakdown into another 3 parts
Who | Who are you? Tell them who you are & help them create a visual picture of you.
Are you a glassmaker, a doll maker, or a paper artist? If you used to do something else or do another profession along your creative one share it. It would look something like this: a jewelry designer turned cupcake maker, or by day I’m a lawyer & by night I’m a woodworker specializing in creating modern chairs.
What | What do you? Tell them what you create. You may think this is an obvious one but it’s only obvious to you. People can pull from broad ideas to narrow ideas. However, they won’t really know unless you clearly state it.
This is where creators can miss the mark. Just because you knit doesn’t mean you knit everything. You may only knit scarves. Or you may only focus on knitting clutch bags. Now most people would not think that clutch bags and knitting go together but I’ve seen these products online. You may be a glassblower but you don’t create glass vases, you only focus on creating glass globes.
When you do get clear on what you do, you can then get super specific for example:
I create female curvy shaped dolls that are flexible & soft to the touch. I create scrupled detailed fairy scenes using handmade paper that can be framed.
You may think you’ll lose customers but the opposite will happen. When people know exactly what you do, they will know whether they want what you create or not. This helps you only speak to those who are genuinely interested in your product.
How | How does what you create benefit them?
Our grown collectible baby dolls are your way of holding on to a piece of your childhood in a grown-up way.
Add a touch of delicate 3D to your home decor with our range of paper sculptural lampshade scenes. Tha becomes magical when you switch on your light.
Your love for beautiful elegant jewelry can continue on our personalised cupcakes. We add luxury & elegance to your next special event.
Quick plug about my free e-book Pre-Plan Marketing Kit: One module, helps you condence your bio | profile statement, to fit any space provided by many online websites & services to help you market your business.
The link. The door to make a lead. You get 1 link most of the time so you have to make it count.
- Do not send them to your homepage on your website unless it has the main call to action (CTA). Or you have created a link tree.
- Do not send them to your store’s marketplace homepage or storefront if it has a lot of information that could confuse a visitor. You want to simplify their next action once they get there. Too many options without explanations make it hard for them to decide on what or where to go next.
When using link trees whether a free or paid option via link three websites, free websites, mailing list providers. Provide a list of options that will help lead your new visitor.
If you have your own website I recommend you create your own link tree. This way you have total control over the traffic that flows through your profile | bio to the other areas of your business.
Some of the places I suggest you send your new visitors to via your link tree is:
- Product category page
- Your best sellers page
- Products just in
- Sale Items
- Seasonal or themed products
- A link to your Email list
Change up the links names or product content when the need arises. It helps keep your content fresh and keep visitors coming back to take a look.
The Email List
The email list: Increase future purchases while deepening the connection.
- Business Email Address free or paid but a professional one is needed. You can no longer use emails like Gmail, Yahoo etc.
- Mailing list host providers can be free, but you will need a professional email address mentioned above.
Paid Set-Up (still with free options) (recommended)
- Get hosting for your website & get unlimited free business email addresses for your domains. Only some website hosting offers this service for free.
- Set-up via your chosen mailing list provider. When you set up your email list opt-in form you can choose whether to use their own pages. Or for you to add the code to your website page.
- When done add your new link to your email opt-in form in your link tree.
Now over to you: